United Kingdom Emissions Trading Scheme (UK ETS)
Helping you report under the UK emissions trading scheme.
Our UK ETS Service will support your entire compliance journey
We provide an all-encompassing UK ETS service. From data collection right through to surrendering allowances, we will support you through your entire compliance journey. The UK ETS Compliance Management Service from EIC provides you with:
- A dedicated Carbon Consultant, who will guide you through the process
- Advice on the compilation of a clear, accurate and complete audit trail
- Energy Legislation compliance
- Formal Internal Audit and Report
- Permit Variations
- Capacity / Cessation changes
- Verification support
- Operator Holding Account (OHA) and ETSWAP management
- Advice on future reporting requirements
The UK was a founding member of the EU ETS and influential in the design of the scheme. Consequently, the 4 governments of the UK have made no dramatic changes to criteria and reporting when establishing the UK ETS.
The scheme continues to make the UK’s carbon pricing policy more ambitious while helping UK businesses stay competitive in a progressively green market. It is still based on a cap and trade system, the ‘cap’ or limit reducing in line with the UK’s 2050 net zero commitment.
Inclusion in the scheme remains consistent and covers facilities with installed combustion equipment above the 20 MWth threshold. All installations that participated in the EU ETS and completed the Phase IV EU ETS benchmarking exercise during 2019 are expected to continue reporting as part of the UK ETS. UK ETS is an open compliance scheme and the new entrant process remains consistent with EU ETS.
Key benefits of our UK ETS Compliance Service include:
Qualified in-house team. Energy Professionals with over 15 years’ experience in ETS compliance, including Consultants with Engineering, Energy Management or Data Analysis backgrounds. You can rest assured that your compliance is in safe hands.
Peace of mind. Our team are members of several professional bodies in the energy industry, such as; CIBSE, EI and IEMA.
Stay informed. As members of the ETS Emission Trading Group (ETG) our carbon experts actively support legislative changes in the UK. Allowing them to keep you informed and ensure your legislative compliance.
Why choose EIC?
EIC has a dedicated team of Carbon Consultants and Analysts who can offer you the highest service level. Our expert team will:
- Take complete care of your UK ETS compliance, giving you the time to concentrate on running your business
- Provide you with essential guidance and support to make life simpler for you
- Interpret the legislation for you to avoid confusion
- Keep you informed on any legislative changes that may affect your organisation
- Help you to become more energy efficient. Which can reduce your consumption, lower your carbon emissions, and save you money
- Provide you with peace of mind and reassurance that your compliance is in safe hands
Learn more about how we can support your UK ETS compliance efforts