Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR)
We will help you understand and comply with the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) scheme.
The aim of SECR is to further incentivise the improvement of energy efficiency and the reduction of carbon emissions. It’s also hoped that the scheme will reduce some of the administrative burden of overlapping legislation.
SECR came into force in April 2019 and a similar qualification criteria to ESOS has been applied. SECR coincides with the end of the current CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
EIC can help you comply
We can assist with SECR compliance as well as providing bespoke reporting to ensure that you have real visibility of your energy and carbon emissions both at organisational and site level.
Who needs to comply with SECR?
Large organisations, where two or more of the following criteria apply to a company within a financial year:
- More than 250 employees.
- Annual turnover greater than £36m.
- Annual balance sheet total greater than £18m.
Public sectors and organisations consuming less than 40,000kw are exempt. There is no exemption for involvement for energy used in other schemes – e.g. Climate Change Agreements (CCAs) or EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS). In total, it’s estimated that 11,000 organisations are impacted by SECR.
What are the SECR reporting requirements?
Affected organisations are required to:
- Make a public disclosure within their annual directors’ report of energy use and carbon emissions.
- Report using a relative intensity metric e.g. tCO2/number of employees.
- Provide a narrative on energy efficiency actions taken during the reporting period.
Reporting will align with an organisation’s financial reporting year.
When will organisations need to report:
- The reporting will align with the company’s financial reporting year.
- The first reporting period will commence on or after 1st April 2019.
- If financial year runs April – March – First SECR report will run April ’19 – March ‘20.
- If financial year runs Jan – Dec – First SECR report will run Jan ’20 – Dec ‘20.
Our Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting service includes:
- Dedicated and experience Carbon Consultant and Analyst.
- Project briefing, establish company structure and reporting scope.
- Data collection, analysis, application of appropriate emissions factors and intensity metric.
- Six-monthly and annual Energy and Carbon Report.
- Figures to be disclosed in the Directors’ Annual Report.
- Full management of the compliance process.
Maintenance of audit trail and evidence pack.
- Optional annual site visit.
Save time and hassle –
Combine your ESOS and SECR compliance with EIC
Savvy businesses can save time and hassle by using our exclusive compliance package. As well as saving you time and hassle we also offer you a 10% discount if you sign up for a joint 5 year ESOS and Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) package.
Contact us on 01527 511 757
to find out more.
Why choose EIC?
- Clarity. Your dedicated Carbon Consultant will help you to understand the legislation to avoid confusion, through support from our specialist team.
- Stay informed. We will keep you informed of any changes in legislation that may affect your business, through the provision of a dedicated Carbon Consultant.
- Specialist support. You can rest assured your compliance is in safe hands, your specialist Carbon Consultant will keep you updated with regular communication.
- Peace of mind. We will help you achieve full compliance with the legislation, ensuring all required areas of business usage are covered in the reporting.
- Saving you time. We will ease the administrative burden that a Carbon Reporting project may bring.
- Extensive experience. We supported over 300 clients with ESOS phase 1 compliance.
Get started with Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) today
Get in Touch Today
To find out more about SECR, what it means for your business, and how EIC can support you with compliance.