National Implementation Measures (NIMs) Assessment
NIMs will take place between January and September 2019. Find out everything you need to know about the assessment.
The Government has directed the Environment Agency (EA) to proceed with preparations for the next phase of emissions trading which will operate from 2021 – 2030.
Due to ongoing Brexit negotiations the full detail of the future scheme is not yet known.
In preparation for future reporting, the EA has notified participants in EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) Phase 3 that the data collection exercise, National Implementation Measures (NIMs), will take place between January 2019 and September 2019.
What are NIMs?
There is a requirement to benchmark installations in emission trading schemes to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of free allocation (carbon allowances). The NIMs is a method of benchmarking the emissions of participating installations.
Reporting is to include 2014-2018 verified figures and the timeframe for completing the information is between the 1st January 2019 – 31st May 2019. 31st May 2019 is the deadline for all NIMs assessments to be completed, verified and submitted.
How EIC can help
EIC offer a service tailored to your organisation to ensure your compliance. We work with you to seamlessly collate, compile and analyse your verified emissions data for verification and submission in the required format. Our format and delivery schedule can be customised to suit your internal requirements.
The NIMs service from EIC provides you with;
- A dedicated Carbon Consultant, who will guide you through the process.
- Advice on the compilation of a clear, accurate and complete audit trail.
- Collate, compile and analyse your verified emissions data
- Completion of NIMs benchmark form
- Verifier liaison, site visit if required
- Submission of verified form and tracking to completion
- Advice and guidance on Phase 4 compliance and Brexit impacts to the scheme
Why Choose EIC
EIC has a team of dedicated Carbon Consultants and Data Analysts who are able to offer you this service at the highest level. Our expert team will:
- Completely take care of this for you, giving you the time to concentrate on running your business
- Provide you with essential guidance and support to make life simpler for you
- Interpret the legislation for you to avoid confusion
- Inform you on any legislative changes that may affect your organisation
- Provide you with peace of mind and reassurance that your compliance is in safe hands
Take your first step towards NIMs compliance now