Eastern New Energy Project
EIC will be helping businesses engage with Eastern New Energy (ENE), a three-year regional support programme focusing on low/zero carbon actions and local economic development.
We are joining Eastern New Energy in identifying and removing the barriers that prevent businesses from achieving net zero.
Led by the University of East London and funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the ENE project covers Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Rutland and parts of Lincolnshire and Essex.
ENE will focus on citizen-led innovation. Assembling specialists and people with ideas and problems to work together to decarbonise their communities, homes, businesses and lives.
In support of the project, EIC will work with SMEs within these regions to identify clean energy solutions for their long term sustainability. Our team of energy specialists have extensive experience in providing businesses with significant reductions in carbon emissions and energy costs.
As part of the ENE project, EIC will offer SMEs the following free services:
Free energy audits and surveys for renewable energy projects
We will survey your facility and identify energy efficiency and generation projects. A list of these will be delivered in our report.
Free audits of vehicle fleets
We can help to identify the cost savings for your business by switching to electric vehicles (or other vehicles). The project team will work with you to develop and implement an action plan to design and install the required charging infrastructure. This is delivered by the Energy Saving Trust and EV Express.
Grants of up to £30,000 towards investment in energy projects
A limited amount of grant funding is available to businesses that invest in energy projects. Grants are for up to 25% of project value and are typically no greater than £30,000.
Who is eligible for these services?
- Organisations using at least 500,000 kWh electricity per year
- SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43 million.
- You must be based within the ENE project region (Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Rutland, South-Lincolnshire and Uttlesford District)
- Organisations that have received less than £178,000 (€200,000) worth of publicly funded assistance (for example, support, grants or reliefs).
- The main business activity must not include fisheries or aquaculture, agriculture or the processing of agricultural products, coal, steel, shipbuilding, synthetic fibres, banking, insurance, healthcare or school age education.
Eastern New Energy scope
The project will work with businesses, councils, communities, organisations, households and individuals to:
- Develop and execute net zero action plans
- Act in response to declared climate emergencies
- Build affordable zero-carbon homes
- Retrofit existing homes and commercial buildings
- Switch their vehicle fleets to lower carbon alternatives
- Develop community and commercial energy projects
- Design, develop and bring to market new low carbon products and services
Why choose EIC?
EIC’s knowledgeable team of energy specialists has extensive experience with helping businesses reduce their energy costs and carbon emissions. We provide comprehensive energy and carbon management, guiding your organisation through compliance and towards a net zero future.
To learn more about how EIC can help your business, contact us today.