Display Energy Certificates (DECs)
DECs are a legal requirement under the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD).
What is a Display Energy Certificate?
DECs help to raise awareness of the energy usage of public buildings. All publicly owned or funded buildings with a total useful floor area greater than 250m² are required to have a valid DEC and Advisory Report (AR) in place if they have public access.
Based on actual energy consumption of the previous 12 months, DECs display an operational rating of the building from A-G. It must be accompanied by a valid AR, which identifies opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of the building.
DECs can only be produced by an accredited Energy Assessor and must be displayed no smaller than A3 in a prominent place that is clearly visible to members of the public. There are financial penalties in place for non-compliance.
We provide a comprehensive DEC service that focuses on bringing true value for our clients, providing legal compliance and offering support to aid and improve energy efficiency.
We analyse your results, providing explanations of any changes and detailed recommendations in our Advisory Reports.
- Site visit (if required)
- Process/validate 12 months energy invoices
- Input data into Government approved software to generate a DEC
- Produce the Advisory Report after DEC is generated
- Lodge the DEC and AR to the official Government database operated by Landmark
- Deliver the documents to you in an agreed format.
We have been providing DECs since their introduction in 2008 and are able to utilise a large team of experienced DEC Energy Assessors to offer full assistance with this service. To date, we have produced over 5,000 DECs and currently manage DEC renewals for a portfolio of over 600 sites. Our expert team will:
- Provide you with essential guidance and support to make life simpler for you.
- Ease the burden associated with acquiring a DEC, so you have more time to concentrate on your business.
- Provide you with peace of mind and reassurance that your compliance is in safe hands.
- Inform you of any legislative changes that may affect your organisation.
- Help you to become more energy efficient which can lower consumption, reduce emissions and save you money.
Find out how we can help you with your DEC compliance