Airport Carbon Accreditation
We are fully accredited verifiers for the Airport Carbon Accreditation application process
It’s estimated that aviation contributes up to 2% of global man-made CO2 emissions each year and that airport activities account for 5% of total aviation emissions.
Our experts are fully accredited verifiers for the Airport Carbon Accreditation application process.
Independent verification of an airport’s carbon footprint calculation is an essential part of the accreditation application – an airport cannot be carbon accredited without it.
Airport Carbon Accreditation is the carbon management certification standard for airports. Airport efforts to manage and reduce their carbon emissions are recognised with four levels of award:
- Mapping: Carbon footprint measurement. This award determines the emissions sources within the airport company’s operational boundaries, calculates the annual carbon emissions, compiles a carbon footprint report, and engages an independent third party to verify the report.
- Neutrality: Carbon neutrality for direct emissions by offsetting. Airport companies must offset remaining emissions to achieve carbon neutral operations for all emissions over which the airport has control.
- Reduction: Carbon management towards a reduced carbon footprint. To receive this award, airport companies must provide evidence of effective carbon management procedures and show that reduction targets have been achieved.
- Optimisation: Third party engagement in carbon footprint reduction. Airport companies in receipt of this award have widened the scope of their carbon footprint to include third party emissions, as well as engaging third parties in and around the airport.
Airport Carbon Accreditation is overseen by an Independent Advisory Board.
Why choose EIC?
- We are one of only a handful of UK approved verifiers
- We offer essential guidance and support to make your life simpler
- We pride ourselves on an excellent track record, so you can be sure that you’re in safe hands
- You’ll get a dedicated Account Manager with consultant expertise and great service every time
Get in Touch Today
To find out more about Airport Carbon Accreditation, please contact the EIC team using this form.