Take advantage of the non-domestic water market to secure a better deal from your current supplier, or to switch to a new one.
Water market deregulation in the UK
The aim of the open water market is to create a competitive market place in which regional monopolies no longer exist. Now that the market in England has opened up, this is a fantastic opportunity for businesses like yours to reduce their bills and improve the service they receive, by tendering for more suitable contracts.
In Scotland the retail water market for businesses has been in operation since 2008 – leading to massive increases in water efficiency. In switching suppliers, businesses in Scotland have seen a typical reduction in their bills of 20%.
The Welsh market hasn’t been deregulated, however English and Scottish suppliers are offering to manage Welsh accounts to facilitate single billing, making it easier for multi-site clients to manage their bills with a single provider.
Fully managed tender
We believe in giving our clients the choice and opportunity to procure the right supply contract for them, helping to reduce their costs and even gain a competitive edge. With the opportunities water competition presents there has never been a better time to take advantage of our expertise.
We oversee the entire tender process on your behalf and our review of supplier offers will compare:
- Overall quality
- Cost and competitiveness
- Supplier structure and processes
- Future development of offering
- Ongoing management of supply contract
For the largest consumers, a self-supply licence allows you to ‘cut out the middle man’, meaning you can quickly and easily minimise your water bills whilst maximising your ability to manage your water assets. Self-supply enables businesses to bypass water retailers, as you effectively become your own water supplier. This means you’ll pay the wholesale price directly to the company that provides water to you.
Benefits of switching supplier
- Save up to 25% on your utility bills
- Easier billing: multi-site businesses can consolidate their water bills into one
- Better service: the open market will encourage suppliers to improve their overall service offering
- It’s quick and hassle free: we do it all for you
- The savings you make could be invested in efficiency
Why choose EIC?
- We operate independently so we can find you the most suitable contract.
- Our expert in-house team fully manage the process on your behalf, saving you time and resources.
- We offer flexible fee options to suit your budget.
Our Water Consultants have extensive experience in the water industry, with expert knowledge of legislation, water competition and environmental responsibilities. Our understanding of water charges and close relationships with all UK suppliers enables us to provide valuable and insightful advice, with the ultimate goal of procuring the right supply contract to suit your business needs.
We’ve helped a national retailer with 3,500 properties switch water supplier for 400 of their Scottish based sites. The company decided the most cost effective way of achieving water savings was to use an experienced consultant.
- A contract that met with the clients requirements
- £145,000 saving per annum on procurement alone
- Further savings of over £55,000 from water efficiency
- A contract at a 19% discount
Discover how much your business could save through smart water procurement