Long-term Forecast Report
Understanding the energy markets is key to a successful energy management strategy and it can also aid your financial planning.
Market volatility continues to influence our energy prices, however the wholesale cost is no longer the only concern.
Non-Commodity Costs (NCCs) such as Feed-in Tariff (FiT), Renewables Obligation (RO), and Climate Change Levy (CCL) are contributing to a large portion of your energy bills.
These third party charges are added to your energy bills and include; network costs to pay for the upkeep of the networks that supply your energy, the costs of supporting government environmental obligations, and the subsidy of energy efficiency schemes.
With the introduction of the Electricity Market Reform (EMR) in 2013 and the demise of the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) set for 2019, these charges are set to soar.
Our in-house analysis shows that by 2025, these additional charges will account for 60% of your electricity costs.
Whilst we can’t prevent the rise of NCCs, we can ensure you are fully prepared for the increases. Our team of specialists work hard identifying trends, examining historical figures and forecasting for the future.
Their expertise has enabled us to produce the Long-Term Forecast Report. A valuable tool which illustrates the annual projected increases to your energy bills and calculates your energy spend from now until 2040. This allows you to confidently forward budget and avoid any nasty surprises.
The report is available in two formats, a site specific, bespoke report to your business with a forecasting period of five, 10 and 15 years, and a standard overview report forecasting for five years. It has three main sections:
- Scenarios – a narrative section sets the scene for the price forecast. It discusses the market drivers and the effect they will have on prices throughout the years.
- Price Forecast – illustrates fully delivered budgets in simple graph and chart format.
- Explanatory Notes – a step by step guide to each aspect of the forecast with an explanation of each element of your bill.
Why choose EIC?
EIC has an expert team of Market Intelligence Analysts interpreting the complex energy markets on your behalf. The Long-Term Forecast Report can help you accurately budget and forecast your energy prices with confidence. You can use this report as:
- An independent long-term budgeting tool
- A tool for your business to forward plan
- A way of seeing the impact of Government legislation
- A clear guide to energy market drivers
- An insight to aid negotiations on energy costs
- A support to energy solutions projects and investment decisions
- An insight into future fully delivered prices
Discover how an accurate Long-Term Price Forecast can benefit your business