Flexible Energy Procurement
If you spend over £100,000 on gas or electricity every year, flexible procurement could be right for you.
When you take out a flexible energy contract, energy traders will purchase your gas or electricity directly from the wholesale commodity market – often securing lower rates.
A flexible contract allows businesses to take advantage of an ever-changing energy market when fixed price contracts are too restrictive. For larger energy users, we can help you take advantage of a volatile energy market and make sure you capitalise on market rises and falls. Our aim is to maximise contract flexibility whilst minimising your costs.
We have considerable experience in negotiating individual flexible energy supply contracts for our clients. We’ll analyse each offer, negotiate with each supplier and rank final offers against an appropriate scoring benchmark pre-agreed with you. From this, we’ll shortlist the leading suppliers and negotiate the best overall solution ensuring that you’re fully involved at each stage.
All negotiations are undertaken by your dedicated Account Director who will be your main point of contact and will manage the relationship with suppliers.
We’re proactive in developing new flexible products for clients and have strong relationships with all suppliers; we tender to the whole market so we can source your business the most suitable contract.
In developing energy supply contracts, we focus on a number of key deliverables from the supplier that will enable us to manage your market positions in the most effective way, including:
- Contract features and functionality
- Client-specific requirements such as invoicing processes, Automated Meter Reading (AMR) and Supplier Account Management resource
- The supplier’s trading capability
- The level of transparency of the price fixing mechanism
- The financial competitiveness of the supplier’s Account Management fee
- The level of customer service and Account Management
Why choose EIC?
We have a proven track record in the energy market:
- Our flexible clients are currently over £65.7m below budget for electricity and gas since 2014 (as of November 2018).
- Contract negotiations achieved annual savings of 78% for a pharmaceutical company and more than £350,000 in contract fees over a 36 month period for a manufacturing client.
- Our flexible energy procurement service enables you to benefit from market falls, unlike fixed contracts, so you can lower your costs.
- Presenting a flexible procurement option to your colleagues or to the board can seem riskier than the fixed alternative; we’ll give you peace of mind that you’re able to secure the best deal.
- Tendering to all suppliers can be a lengthy and difficult process, as it can be hard to compare like-for-like contracts; EICcan take care of this for you, saving you time and resources. We know where savings can be made and which suppliers can move on certain fees and clauses.
Find out how you can save energy costs with flexible procurement