Bill Validation - Energy
Facing inaccurate business energy bills? We can check and validate your bills down to the very last penny.
We understand the complex world of energy billing so you don’t have to.
Accurate data and energy billing management have long been an area of concern for business customers. Inaccurate energy invoices place a substantial cost burden on end users yet many customers do not have the time or resource to resolve billing issues themselves. Switching suppliers can also lead to incorrect data input and consumption data is frequently estimated, with some organisations having meters read as little as once a year.
How EIC can help
The EIC Data Solutions and Intelligent Bureau teams provide a full invoice checking and bill validation service for clients. We’ll compare invoices against our calculation of the correct charges that should have been applied according to the supply contracts currently in place.
With our Pre and Post-Payment Energy Bill Validation service, we will report on variances down to the last penny. Covering electricity and gas bills we can work to an agreed tolerance level when raising queries with your supplier. We provide you with our full analysis for each month highlighting any invoice errors and actions we have taken with your energy supplier(s) to resolve the errors found.
Our services include
- Pre-Payment Energy Bill Validation – invoices are checked within five working days and prior to the payment due date ensuring that any discrepancies are corrected by your supplier. This service delivers a quick turnaround of any issues, helping with financial planning and providing reassurance that you only pay for what you use.
- Post-Payment Energy Bill Validation – invoices are checked within six weeks of receipt, on a monthly or quarterly basis. We work to an agreed tolerance level and liaise with both you and your supplier to acquire either a rebate or a credit/debit on your next bill.
- Retrospective Energy Bill Validation – invoices are checked going back up to a period of six years. The invoice batch can cover specific years and/or specific sites. Any discrepancies in your energy billing will be identified and the supplier held accountable. We will then liaise with your supplier to acquire a rebate if necessary, ensuring that you are kept informed throughout the process.
- Bespoke Energy Reporting – We can provide a bespoke reporting service to suit your individual needs.
- Tenant Recharging – For landlords, we offer a tenant energy recharging service. This would usually be part of the Bill Validation service if required.
What we check
The EIC Data Solutions team carry out over 200 different energy checks. These include a review of all charges and rates and includes the following:
- All unit rates and charges (supplier contract)
- All published rates and charges (for example DUoS rates, DUoS losses, and water rates)
- Flexible charging and reconciliations
- Transportation charges and reconciliations (gas)
- Triad charges and reconciliations (electricity)
- MPANs/voltages (electricity)
- The accuracy of billing dates
- Ensuring correct sites are billed
- Missing invoices/meters
- Half Hourly Data (HHD)/meter read consistency
- Estimated/actual meter read frequency
- All calculations on an invoice
Make sure you aren’t being overcharged with the help of our Energy Bill Validation service