The Technical Carbon Consultant will operate from within the Carbon Solutions team, playing a key role in delivering a wide range of carbon management services focusing on Energy Audits, ESOS, TM44 and SECR services. The Technical Carbon Consultant will report to the Carbon Consultancy Manager.
The Technical Carbon Consultant will be expected to either have, or have the relevant experience to become an ESOS Lead Assessor.
The Technical Carbon Consultant must have extensive working knowledge of energy and carbon auditing over a range of different industries. It would also be advantageous for the consultant to be qualified in TM44 Level 4 inspections.
The role will involve providing clients with expert advice on compliance and energy reduction strategies along with consultative support, compiling emissions monitoring reports and data auditing. The role will also require the delivery of site energy audits across retail, commercial & industrial sites. The Technical Carbon Consultant is also expected to support and mentor more junior members of the team, helping with their training and development. Providing Quality Assurance checking (alongside other consultants) of other team members work to be submitted to clients.
It is anticipated that the Technical Carbon Consultant will gain knowledge of all compliance services provided by the Carbon Solutions team, and will work towards specialising in at least one carbon compliance area. Training and mentoring will be provided to enable the future ability to support in a wider range of carbon compliance schemes and projects across the Majestic Group client base.
Due to the ongoing growth of the Carbon Solutions team and services offered, the candidate needs to be prepared to grow and develop with this role as the team transitions to achieve its ambitious growth targets.
Responsibilities and skills
- Management of portfolio of clients for ESOS, SECR and TM44 services (where applicable).
- Providing clients with expert advice on compliance strategies; and support, compiling emissions monitoring reports.
- Planning, and coordination of carbon management projects to enable delivery of compliance activities
- Energy auditing and delivery of recommendation reports associated with retail, commercial and industrial clients
- Compiling Client energy and carbon emissions monitoring reports and evidence packs for validation
- Working on Clients’ energy reduction projects to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and Corporate objectives
- Delivery of Client reports and presentations to support compliance
- Providing Quality Assurance checking and review of Analysts work to be submitted to clients.
- Effective time and budget management to ensure delivery of services are within targeted cost.
- Establish, maintain and develop strong working relationships with clients through regular correspondence as defined within the specific schemes SLAs.
- Continuous review of legislation on energy, carbon trading and other environmental matters
- Assist the Director of Energy and Carbon and Carbon Compliance Manager with service and business development
- Contribute to team discussions and strategic decisions
- Keep up to date with general changes within the energy and carbon industry
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Membership to an Energy related body e.g. Energy Institute / IEMA
- TM44 Level 4 Qualified
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- Extensive experience in delivering energy and carbon audits, over a range of industry sectors
- A sound working knowledge and interest in carbon compliance and energy efficiency schemes
- Good working knowledge of Excel and be confident to learn how to develop current skills
- Consultancy background in client relationship management
- Confidence to lead client meetings independently
- TM44 AC Level 4 Qualified
- Knowledge and awareness of CCA, Carbon Management Plans and Sustainability propositions
- HGV transport auditing experience
- HVAC auditing experience
- Heavy Industries site auditing
- Business Development and Cross Sell experience
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Pragmatic, self-starter who is able to use their initiative
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders, manage expectations, use initiative and being proactive
- Effective time management, be able to manage own workload, proactive in managing projects
- An effective and confident communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in articulating their own perspective and sharing opinion
- Organised, professional, enthusiastic with an attention to detail
- A proactive learner, able to pick up new skills and concepts
- Calm under pressure and knows when to ask for help
- A positive team player willing to get involved
- Takes pride in delivering quality work
- Proactively develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate
- Microsoft Office – Excel (intermediate – advanced), Word, Outlook and PowerPoint proficient
- Carbon legislation experience
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years employment
- Full clean UK driving license
- Expectation for UK travel including travel to EIC Redditch Office
We are committed to developing our employees through ongoing training and development. We are proud to have developed a number of our employees, who have in turn progressed through the business.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.