Location: Bury St Edmunds
The Modelling and Analytics Team support all areas of the business with price and fundamental modeling, reporting and analytics and ensuring the smooth running of the team’s databases. This role is to manage the team ensuring all work is kept to a high standard, work is accurate, processes are efficient and optimal, deadlines are met and that any analytical requirements from the company are met.
Working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, your primary responsibility will be to ensure all relevant price and modelling data is correct and databases running smoothly.
- Support the business by managing the team responsible for production of fundamental market models, databases and risk management analytics
- Providing analytics to support the Market Intelligence and Trading Teams
- Providing analytics to support the production of written reports to be produced for external mail out to clients, PR, Social Media and Trade Press.
- Production of models such as: Long-term price forecast, Triad, Demand Side Response
- Managing the development of any new and existing models or reports for the wider Corporate team
- Responsible for ensuring all databases for both Market Intelligence and Trading Teams are working correctly
- Overseeing trading analytics, reporting and compliance processes are completed and accurate and customers are set up correctly
- Creating streamlined processes and efficiencies to help corporate teams achieving targets.
- Assist in the production of presentations for conferences
- Producing information on the team for board presentation
- Management and project management experience
- Energy market experience
- Understanding of risk management and trading
- Good knowledge of energy fundamentals, price analysis and modelling
- Good understanding of databases and systems
- Some knowledge of SQL
- Advanced excel
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Awareness of European Markets
- Enthusiastic and well driven, able to achieve deadlines.
- An eye for detail and a desire to achieve high standards of work.
- Excellent support for customer service objectives.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Can take responsibility and ownership of work, producing work with minimal errors
- Self-starter who is able to run with projects with minimal management.
- To be proactive in achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Has good problem solving skills
- Work well individually and within a team
- Be able to follow processes to ensure that the team and the company remains complaint to customer agreements
- Dynamic and adaptable and able to respond quickly and efficiently
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com