Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, you will provide frontline support for users across a range of different technologies and hardware primarily relating to EIC and the Majestic Securities group internal customers and systems.
This role will be a mixture of proving support locally on-site within the Newcastle office & remotely using our remote management tools for users working from other office locations, working remotely or from one of our international locations.
Additional to this you will also ensure that the estate is fully up to date within windows update, application patches and anti-virus definitions and liaise with the IT infrastructure engineer(s) and management to ensure that this happens and best practice is followed.
From time to time you may be involved project work led by management or our infrastructure team to help deliver new solutions or services to the group.
- 1st and 2nd Line IT Support (Helpdesk and Desk side)
- Provide exceptional Service Support and Customer Service to the Business, via Desk Side Support, Email and Telephone
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to Incidents and Problems
- Create, manage and evolve Service Desk procedures
- Create, manage and transfer Knowledge
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s)
- Prioritising and Managing workload effectively, managing several open Incidents/Problems and mini projects simultaneously
- Systems Monitoring – Using various tools to monitor the performance and capacity of systems.
- Trend Analysis and Problem management
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the Business and 3rd party’s
- Application delivery, Patching and Anti-Virus
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the support process to provide a quality deliverable to Majestic Securities and its businesses.
- Work with a variety of Business and Technical teams to enhance service
- Supporting Users on both hardware and Software applications
- Desktop \ Laptop Builds
- Desk Deployments
- Track and document all resolution steps within the ITSM tool to ensure knowledge transfer and record system health
- Providing assistance in technical projects such as rollouts, implementation of new systems and upgrades.
- Escalation of incidents to management or 3rd party vendors for assistance when required.
Qualifications and Training:
- 18 months’ experience in a similar role (1st, 2nd Line/desktop/Helpdesk Support)
- Microsoft Exchange Experience
- Active Directory Management
- Customer training experience
- Project delivery
- MCSA or greater
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience of working in a network control centre or similar
- Experience within the energy industry
- Azure or AWS Cloud Technologies
- Office 365 and Exchange On-line
Competencies – Office project / Department specific/Technical (if required)
The ideal candidate will have a very high level of Customer Service experience and preferably be Microsoft certified and have spent a minimum of 18 months specialising in supporting Windows environment, Desktop and Infrastructure; As well as all the expected qualities of an experienced Service Desk engineer. The below skills would be beneficial to the role.
- Active Directory user and computer administration
- Windows administration
- Windows Server 2016/2019/2022 server administration
- Proven experience administration and support of VOIP technologies
- Exceptional Incident Management skills with the ability to identify root cause and apply solutions to resolve
- Exceptional Problem Management skills, able to investigate trends, to apply a methodical approach to identify root cause and suggestions for solution
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Proven experience working within IT service delivery
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to transfer knowledge within a team
- General Network administration and troubleshooting, TCP/IP and WAN/ LAN /Wi-Fi
- ITIL Certified
- Mimecast administration
- Experience with end-user commodity equipment, such as desktops/laptops including hardware upgrades, mobiles/tablets
- Microsoft 365 services such as SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Intune, Power Automate
- Ability to diagnose Windows, Microsoft Office & generic application faults/issues on end-user devices
- Group Policy management
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Customer Focused
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies
- Organizational & team working
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Able to work overtime/call-out as required for the needs of the business
- A small amount of travelling may be required.
- Able to identify key resources without assistance
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Full UK Driver’s license as travelling to our other offices may be required monthly.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com