Your normal working hours will be between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The IT Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for implementing new technologies, delivering infrastructure & network changes, troubleshooting escalated issues and providing tier 3 support to ensure that the core infrastructure and customer facing systems operate 24/7 without unplanned interruption.
Working collaboratively alongside the infrastructure team and the wider IT department to deliver continuous improvements, monitoring of the infrastructure and major incident support across the wider group.
- Plan and implement new key systems across the group, including hardware/cloud implementations, major fixes and software upgrades.
- Post-implementation support for projects that have been rolled out to the group.
- Continuously monitor all internal and external IT systems across the group in an attempt to achieve maximum uptime.
- Work closely when needed with the other departments across the group.
- Responsible for the core network, telephony & server infrastructure.
- Ensure that backup issues are dealt with promptly, deal with any failures and manage storage requirements.
- Provide 3rd line support and mentoring to other IT analysts.
- Continuous improvement – identify better processes & systems either by streamlining, efficiency gains, or investigation of new technology that could be beneficial to the group.
- Root cause analysis post major incidents.
- Provide part of the out of hours cover for major infrastructure incidents.
- Relevant Degree
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Server (2012/2016) & Azure technology
- Extensive knowledge of Physical and Virtual Server (HyperV) Infrastructure technology
- Extensive knowledge of Networking technologies, switches and Routers
- Extensive knowledge of storage technologies & SANs
- Avaya IP Office (or similar telephony knowledge)
- Exchange 2013 & Exchange Online
- SQL – Infrastructure configuration
- Scripting – Ideally with Powershell
- Operated in a similar senior role
- Office 365
- Microsoft Certification
- Docker configurations and management
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AD & Exchange migration experience
- Linux administration
- Kemp LoadMaster
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to work without supervision
Additional comments – location/travel/international travel
- Some travel will be required occasionally between different locations
- Expected to provide some out of hours cover for major incidents – on rota
Why work for EIC?
- Are you looking to make a difference? We are on a mission to transform the energy market.
- EIC is a fast-growing, innovative business, re-shaping the way businesses buy and manage their electricity, gas and water.
- Building a fantastic reputation for outstanding service.
- Fantastic progression opportunities due to our growing departments.
- Excellent basic salary, plus bonus schemes!
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, meaning a great work/life balance.
- Excellent holiday allowance, which increases based on length of service.
- EIC is an equal opportunities employer.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com