Location: Bury St Edmunds
The Modelling and Analytics Team provide quantitative analysis to support all areas of the business with fundamental energy market analytics, forecasting, and database management, They create digital processes to enable analytics and reporting across various teams. In addition, they are responsible for risk management operations for the trading desk.
This role encompasses the assessment of price, fundamental and consumption data. In addition the role is responsible for production of the company’s long-term forecasting model and other Strategic Consultancy requirements.
Working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, your primary responsibility will be to ensure analysis is conducted and Strategic Consultancy projects are delivered on time to a high standard.
- Investigating, interpreting and understanding complex unstructured data and translating that into value driven insight
- Communicate complex data and methodologies clearly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the production of Strategic Consultancy
- Price and fundamental analysis to support Trading and Market Intelligence team
- Lead the reporting and development of Long-term Forecasting Models
- Generate and report on Triad forecasts.
- Lead in the communication and training on Non commodity costs
- Assist in the assessment of Demand Side Response opportunities
- Research and understand the gas, electricity and water markets to support or design models
- Ensure that industry developments are updated in our models and systems and changes communicated to all stake holders
- Be able to respond quickly and efficiently
- Support the development of new products.
- University degree.
- UK and or EU Energy market experience including Gas, electricity and water
- A strong numerate background with excellent analysis skills
- Ability to conduct online research
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good presentation skills
- Candidate needs to be confident in understanding information and reaching conclusions
- SQL experience
- Experience using reporting tools
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Positive approach towards problem solving under pressure, including the ability to think through a problem and apply a logical, analytical approach to develop a solution
- Enthusiastic and well driven, able to achieve deadlines
- An eye for detail and a desire to achieve high standards of work
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to take responsibility and ownership of work, producing work with minimal errors
- Self-starter who is able to run with projects with minimal management
- Proactive in achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work well individually and within a team
- Able to follow processes to ensure that the team and the company remains complaint to customer agreements
- Dynamic and adaptable and able to respond quickly and efficiently
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org