The ESOS Lead Assessor will operate from within the Sustainability Solutions team, playing a key role in delivering a wide range of carbon management services focusing compliance areas such as ESOS, CCA, SECR, Energy Auditing and EPBD services and also supporting our growing Net Zero portfolio. The ESOS Lead Assessor will report to the Head of Sustainable Innovation.
Ideally, the ESOS Lead Assessor must have working knowledge of energy and carbon auditing over a range of different industries. It would also be advantageous for the consultant to be qualified in TM44 Level 4 inspections.
The role will involve providing clients with expert advice on compliance and energy reduction strategies along with consultative support, compiling emissions monitoring reports and data auditing. The role will also require the delivery of site energy audits across retail, commercial & industrial sites. The ESOS Lead Assessor is also expected to support and mentor more junior members of the team, helping with their training and development. Providing Quality Assurance checking (alongside other consultants) of other team members work to be submitted to clients.
It is anticipated that the ESOS Lead Assessor will gain knowledge of all compliance services provided by the Sustainability Solutions team, and will work towards specialising in at least one carbon compliance area. Training and mentoring will be provided to enable the future ability to support in a wider range of carbon compliance schemes and projects across the Majestic Group client base.
Due to the ongoing growth of the Sustainability Solutions team and services offered, the candidate needs to be prepared to grow and develop with this role as the team transitions to achieve its ambitious growth targets.
- Management of portfolio of clients for ESOS, CCA, SECR and EPBD services (where applicable).
- Providing clients with expert advice on compliance strategies; and support, compiling emissions monitoring reports.
- Planning, and coordination of carbon management projects to enable delivery of compliance activities
- Energy auditing and delivery of recommendation reports associated with retail, commercial and industrial clients
- Compiling Client energy and carbon emissions monitoring reports and evidence packs for validation
- Working on Clients’ energy reduction projects to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and Corporate objectives
- Delivery of Client reports and presentations to support compliance
- Providing Quality Assurance checking and review of Analysts work to be submitted to clients.
- Effective time and budget management to ensure delivery of services are within targeted cost.
- Establish, maintain and develop strong working relationships with clients through regular correspondence as defined within the specific schemes SLAs.
- Continuous review of legislation on energy, carbon trading and other environmental matters
- Assist the Heads of Department with service and business development
- Contribute to team discussions and strategic decisions
- Keep up to date with general changes within the energy and carbon industry
- Achievement of objectives and KPIs as agreed with line management
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Membership to an Energy related body e.g. Energy Institute / IEMA
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- TM44 Level 4 Qualified
- Knowledge and awareness of CCA, Carbon Management Plans and Sustainability propositions
- Experience in delivering energy and carbon audits, over a range of industry sectors
- A sound working knowledge and interest in carbon compliance and energy efficiency schemes
- Good working knowledge of Excel and be confident to learn how to develop current skills
- Consultancy background in client relationship management
- Confidence to lead client meetings independently
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- TM44 AC Level 4 Qualified
- DEC / EPC Qualified
- HGV transport auditing experience
- HVAC auditing experience
- Heavy Industries site auditing
- Business Development and Cross Sell experience
PERSONAL QUALITIES, APTITUDES AND SKILLS
- Pragmatic, self-starter who is able to use their initiative
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders, manage expectations, use initiative and being proactive
- Effective time management, be able to manage own workload, proactive in managing projects
- An effective and confident communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in articulating their own perspective and sharing opinion
- Organised, professional, enthusiastic with an attention to detail
- A proactive learner, able to pick up new skills and concepts
- Calm under pressure and knows when to ask for help
- A positive team player willing to get involved
- Takes pride in delivering quality work
- Proactively develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate
- Microsoft Office – Excel (intermediate – advanced), Word, Outlook and PowerPoint proficient
- Carbon legislation experience
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years employment
- Full clean UK driving license
- Expectation for UK travel including travel to EIC Redditch Office
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org