[ APPRENTICESHIP ]
The Data Analyst will be part of the Carbon Solutions team and will play a key role in gathering, collating and analysing energy usage data for Carbon Compliance legislative schemes.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of clients; requesting, collating and formatting energy usage data and associated carbon emission conversion factors. The requesting of data and information will involve contacting suppliers, clients and internal contacts both via email and over the phone as well as retrieving data from internal management systems.
As a Data Analyst within the carbon team, you will be required to develop a high-level working knowledge of the relevant compliance schemes and be able to confidently communicate the data requirements to clients and suppliers.
You will need to be extremely organised and manage time efficiently in order to assist in the delivery of compliance management.
During busy periods the Data Analyst may also be required to support the team with adhoc work including administrative tasks and projects.
The candidate needs to be prepared to grow and develop with this role as the team transitions to achieve its ambitious growth targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meeting objectives and KPIs agreed with line management
- Supporting senior team members in delivering project work
- Query management and resolution from Clients and Suppliers
- Retrieval and collation of data from multiple sources – including suppliers and clients
- Analysis of energy data and application of carbon factors to convert to emissions
- Interpreting compliance regulations (with guidance)
- Contacting clients to request information
- Use excel tools to collect and calculate data
- Proactively develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate
- Contribute to team discussions and communicate relevant information to all team members
- Support internal business functions by providing data/information as requested
- Be well organised and help maintain project delivery schedules
- Attend client/site visits with Consultant when required
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or HNC, or minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Data Analysis/Monitoring experience
- VBA/Database experience
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Pragmatic, self-starter who is able to use their initiative
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders, manage expectations, use initiative and being proactive
- Effective time management – manage own workload, proactive in managing projects
- An effective and confident communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in articulating their own perspective and sharing an opinion
- Organised, professional, enthusiastic with an attention to detail
- A proactive learner, able to pick up new skills and concepts and develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate
- Calm under pressure and knows when to ask for help
- A positive team player who is keen to get involved
- Microsoft Office – Excel (intermediate), Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover the last 5 years’ of employment
18-20 yr old = £6.56
21-22 yr old = £8.36
The salary for a qualified Data Analyst is £20,000 – £21,500.
PLEASE NOTE – this role is based in Redditch. If you are unable to travel to Redditch please do not apply.
Working hours: 37.5 per week (including 7.5 hours for course content).
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com