The Data Analyst will operate from within our Carbon Solutions team playing a key role in the gathering, collation and analysis of energy usage data for Carbon Compliance legislative schemes.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of clients; requesting, collating and formatting energy usage data and associated carbon emission conversion factors. The requesting of data and information will involve contacting suppliers, clients and internal contacts both via email and over the phone as well as retrieving data from internal management systems.
A Data Analyst within the carbon team must develop a high-level working knowledge of the compliance schemes they are working on and confidently communicate the data requirements to clients and suppliers. It is a requirement of this role to be extremely organised and manage time efficiently in order to assist in the delivery of compliance management.
During busy periods the Data Analyst may also be required to support the team with ad-hoc work including administrative tasks and projects.
The candidate needs to be prepared to grow and develop with this role as the team transitions to achieve its ambitious growth targets.
- Achievement of objectives and KPIs as agreed with line management
- Supporting senior team members in delivering project work
- Query management and resolution from Clients and Suppliers
- Retrieval and collation of data from multiple sources – including suppliers and clients
- Analysis of energy data and application of carbon factors to convert to emissions
- Interpreting under guidance compliance regulations
- Contacting clients to request information
- Use excel tools to collect and calculate data
- Proactively develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate
- Contribute to team discussions and communicate relevant information to all team members
- Support internal business functions through providing data/information to consultant
- Be well organised and help maintain project delivery schedules
- Attend client/site visits with Consultant when required
- Degree qualified or minimum two years’ experience in similar role
- Data Analysis/Monitoring experience
- VBA / Database experience
- Must have experience of using Excel and be confident to learn how to develop their skills in this program
- Experience in data analysis including knowledge of formulas
- Interest in the Energy, Sustainability and Climate Change Industry
- Calculations using emissions factors
- Consultancy or Intermediary experience (industrial, commercial or SME)
- Validation of data
- Experience of typical MS software packages
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Pragmatic, self-starter who is able to use their initiative
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders, manage expectations, use initiative and being proactive
- Effective time management, be able to manage own workload, proactive in managing projects
- An effective and confident communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in articulating their own perspective and sharing opinion
- Organised, professional, enthusiastic with an attention to detail
- A proactive learner, able to pick up new skills and concepts and develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate
- Calm under pressure and knows when to ask for help
- A positive team player willing to get involved
- Takes pride in delivering quality work
- Microsoft Office – Excel (intermediate – advanced), Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years employment
We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.