This role supports the IT operations, reporting into the Head of IT Operations. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a growing organisation with the opportunity to further develop their career alongside an experienced manager.
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, you will provide frontline support for users across a range of different technologies and hardware primarily relating to EIC external clients but also providing internal helpdesk assistance when schedule allows. You will also be involved in supporting clients within our remote services centre, ensuring client systems are monitored, any issues reported and tracked and a resolution is provided where possible at first response.
- Provide frontline support for users across a range of different technologies and hardware
- Taking inbound calls and tickets from users with technical issues with a view to resolve at first contact.
- Supporting end users to ensure their equipment is in good working order
- Support for PC applications and electrical equipment.
- Providing assistance in technical projects such as rollouts, implementation of new systems and upgrades.
- Delivery of training where required to external customers around product functionality.
- Systems Monitoring – Using various tools to monitor the performance and capacity of systems.
- Escalation of incidents to management or 3rd party vendors for assistance when required.
- Track and document all resolution steps within the ITSM tool to ensure knowledge transfer and record system health.
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- 18 months’ experience in a similar role BMS/IT Support/Customer Support)
- Customer training experience
- Project delivery
- MCSA or greater
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience of working in a network control centre or similar
- Understanding of building management systems
- Experience within the energy industry
- Niagara experience
- Understanding of BACnet Communication Protocol
Competencies – Office Project / Department specific / Technical (If Required)
A basic understanding of Ethernet networks
- Configuring network addresses & subnet masks etc.
- Understand ports and firewalls.
- Knowledge of physical wiring configuration, Network Switches/Hubs etc.
- Network cable wiring configuration and terminations.
- Understanding of Boolean logic
- MS office to a good level
- Any BMS programming history
- Understanding of building control philosophy
- Sensor scaling experience
- Energy analysis/profiling experience
- Understand key energy data terms, e.g. HHD, Base-load, DD correction, CU Sum, etc.
- Communication protocols knowledge, particularly Modbus RTU, Modbus IP, M-bus,
- Understanding of basic electrical systems 240v & 24v AC/DC
- A Basic understanding of control circuits including relay/contactor control.
- Knowledge of common sensor signals. i.e. 4-20mA, 0-10V, Thermistor.
- Knowledge of communication protocol wiring, IP network, RS232, RS484 etc.
- Understanding of Electrical metering
- Metering communication protocols e.g. Pulse, M-bus, Modbus etc.
- Ct metering vs direct connect, CT Size etc.
- Meter addressing/Setup
- MID metering and the implications.
- Gas metering and requirements.
- Water Metering
- Meter Loggers.
- Knowledge of buildings HVAC equipment
- Knowledge of Split and Multi AC systems
- Knowledge of building Lighting controls.
- Customer facing training experience.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Customer Focused
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies
- Organizational & team working
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Able to work overtime/call-out as required for the needs of the business
- A small amount of travelling may be required.
- Able to identify key resources without assistance
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- EIC is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment.
- Salary up to £30,000.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org