Location: Redditch or Home-based
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing robust business relationships at a senior level with major industrial and commercial energy users across a variety of sectors. The postholder will engage in a consultative and technical sales process that will require an intimate understanding of the energy markets and smart building technology, in order to create strategic energy solutions that meet our customers’ requirements.
This role is supported by a strong Marketing Team and Bid function, enabling the Business Development Manager to focus on their activity in the market and creating new opportunities.
With an annual revenue target, the postholder will be negotiating at Director and Senior Management level. With sales cycles lasting as long as 6 months or more, this role requires a high level of organisation, discipline, time management and a strategic, consultative approach.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Sales Manager, Bid team, and Marketing team to maximise new business opportunities.
- Monitor and report on all activities within the company CRM system, including a gauge on deal values, the likelihood of the conversion of opportunities, and estimated close dates.
- Generate new business appointments and acquire new clients, attending site visits to engage clients in technical discussions around our Intelligent Buildings Service offering.
- Prepare thoroughly for all new business meetings by reading notes from the CRM, researching the prospective company and preparing a meeting planner.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the most recent market movements, risk management strategies, and building energy management solutions, to provide high-quality information and advice to all Clients and Prospects.
- Present to all Prospects utilising the sales tools provided by Marketing, using cost-benefit analysis documents/corporate brochures/case studies/testimonials, where appropriate.
- Contact prospective clients on a regular basis to provide additional information and advice, to negotiate terms of the agreement and to conclude all sales activity.
- Propose new ideas, strategies and methods of working to maximise our success in the Business Development Team.
- Degree Education in Business, Science, Maths, Engineering or similar.
- B2B sales experience in the industrial and commercial energy market, whether consultancy or supplier side.
- Understanding of energy solutions, IoT and BMS.
- Proven new business sales record of accomplishment.
- Ability to present at board level
- Sales experience with businesses spending in excess of £1M on energy.
- Good knowledge of open protocol networks i.e. Modbus, bacNET, LON works, KNX etc
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Enjoys working to and achieving business targets.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail with a passion for delivering an exceptional level of service.
- Ability to quickly understand process and communicate new concepts and services effectively.
- Commercially minded with the ability to focus on high quality and business profit.
- Outgoing and self-driven with a positive outlook.
- A forward planner, able to critically assess own performance.
- Mature outlook, credible and comfortable dealing with contacts at all levels including senior management.
- An effective communicator with the ability to empathise with other people.
- A team player, able to get on with others, providing guidance and support.
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment
- The role may involve some occasional travel to other EIC sites as required
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org