The role requires stakeholder engagement with all teams within EIC to produce responses to expressions of interest, pre-qualification questionnaires and invitation to tender documents, as well as the creation of proposal documents upon request by sales people. The Bid Manager will provide oversight of the bid statistics to the Head of Sales and work with the sales teams to manage open opportunities. The Bid Manager will ensure that all bids are approved in line with the Company’s guidelines and expectations, before being generated and subsequently delivered to clients within the expected timescales. The successful candidate will be responsible for an initial review and gap analysis of the bid literature, the implementation of self-service proposal templates and the continual development of the bid function and its collaboration with the wider EIC business.
- Work closely with Marketing Teams to develop standard branded proposals and templates for use by Sales Teams as our service offering develops.
- Review and develop the EIC Bid process identifying improvements to delivery for efficiency and win rate improvements.
- Maintain CRM and Bid management logs to track workload, WIP and bid outcomes reporting on bid status to the Sales Director as required.
- Produce a monthly report highlighting proposals generated and success rate.
- Liaise with marketing and sales colleagues to support proposal development
- Project management responsibility for RFPs and RFQ including agreement of responsibilities and delivery plan, writing, editing and activity completion on time.
- Manage the look and feel of tender responses for consistency to ensure a professional format and presentation to customers.
- Manage procurement portal accounts for prospects and customers and monitor tender notifications for suitable opportunities for consideration by business leads.
- Develop and maintain a global library of content for reference and use in tender responses.
- The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in a similar role.
- Some commercial experience in bid and proposal management.
- Excellent written, verbal and proof-reading skills.
- Professional outlook and a “can do” attitude
- First class organisation skills, able to prioritise varying workloads and meet tight deadlines whilst managing multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The role requires an individual who is an excellent team player with a friendly disposition.
- To carry out any other duties as may be required.
- High level of understanding of commercial aspects of bidding
- Working within the Energy Industry
- Business improvement and process management skills to support bid planning and transitional arrangements
- Good written English and comprehension of grammar
- Ability to review and improve written bid submissions
- Experience of using SLX
- Knowledge of products and services including Energy Procurement, Building Energy Management, Lighting or renewable products
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- To provide support to colleagues within the team and across the Company
- To adhere to and support the Company’s Charters
- To ensure that the provisions of the Employee Handbook are complied with
- Confidence to communicate effectively with prospects and customers
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com